Saturday, November 9, 2013

Marriage and Relationships

     This week, at The Tute, we learned about marriage and relationships. Interesting. Considering I'm involved in neither at the time, I thought this week would be boring… on the contrary. Some of the things I learned are… 1.) If you pollute your brain, you pollute your heart. This applies to EVERYTHING. Anything you see or do or say - goes into your brain, and thus polluting your heart (voluntarily and involuntarily). 2.) I want my spouse to be proficient in the Bible, and amazing in ministry. Having learned an immense amount of knowledge already in my time here, I find my heart wanting someone of equal proficiency.  3.) And finally, ask permission to address conflict, or at least be invited into the situation. I shouldn't fear bringing things up, but I should also make sure that the other party is ready to discuss these things.
     With this being said, I have come up with three goals that I want to implement in my future marriage. 1.) When my spouse is speaking, I want them to have the spotlight. Whether I am in the middle of something and need to stop, or if they are speaking, I want to make sure that I am not interrupting.  2.) I learned that, for men, sex starts with the eyes. I want to make sure that my husband is always looking at me, implementing this by "whatever means necessary." 3.) And I want to use sex as a means of multiplying, pleasuring, and protection. Genesis 1:28, Proverbs 5: 18 & 19, and 1 Corinthians 7:2 - 5.


No comments: