Friday, October 25, 2013

Church History

     This week, we have been studying the history of the church starting in 70 AD, and going through to present day. When we get to the more recent church, my thoughts about "church" and its members were challenged. The views on current day church was broken down by generations to explain the differences in expectations and acceptances. I had no idea how much I differed from the people who are only 7 years younger than me!

     I also learned about my responsibility to the church. Not only is someone to be a member at a church, but there are many more responsibilities. Some of these are: spreading the word of the gospel, being faithful to a local church, attending local church meetings, participation in church works, submit to local church leaders, and participate in local church discipline. This means that "church hoping" and being a "Sunday Only" attender are out of the question. We are to be faithful, even through the small stuff, in order to be a better follower of Christ.

No comments: