Sunday, August 23, 2009

I See A World In Need Of A Savior

The last three months have been predominantly hard here in Africa. Without going into much detail… lets just say Satan has been aggressive from all achievable angles, and with immense force. God and I had been in… well, not a good place starting May 15th.

June, unhurriedly, was slightly improved, but not with God and I… just, life in general.

July utterly flew by with little to no God to speak of... and now its August.

23rd to be exact.

And I’m happy to say that God and I have had a hell of a week together. As earlier stated – I don’t want to give away too much of my story, but… you have nothing to worry about. I’m not unaccompanied. You see, that’s one of the things that has made these last three months manageable. I am persistently… relentlessly (and I use those words with great love) enclosed with a great, and enormous support system. I have the best of friends here who tell me that they love me… almost everyday. We share in laughs, embrace during tears, remain strong when others aren’t, and lean on them when we are weak.

The other thing that has been a complete life-line these last three months has been a song that Neal Woollard and his worship band had written. Its not a new song… but its not world famous (yet) either, so you may not know it… but the lyrics… the lyrics have allowed me to realize why I’m here.

Fill my eyes with all that You see
Let my heart feel what You feel
Fill my mind with Your compassion
Burden me with what burdens You
We seek Your heart, seek Your will, we will follow
Let my feet move where You need them
Let my words speak how You’d speak them
Let my life say, “I’ll follow you”
Let me love like You do
We seek Your heart, seek Your will, we will follow
I see a world in need of a savior
A light to the dark, Your shining glory
I won’t wait anymore
I hear you call me to something more
I will go, I will speak
Of Your name, of Your glory
I will go
And we, the church will rise
Like a sun, hope for the world
Your bride, spotless and pure
Beautiful, marvelous
And we will be Your hands, Your feet
Your love, Your hope to everyone

~ Need Of A Savior, written by Neal Woollard and The Crossing

No comments: