Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Surviving is Denying, Denying: Surviving

The key to surviving is denial.

I deny that I'm tired, I deny that I'm scared, I deny how badly I want to succeed, and most importantly, I deny that I am in denial. I only see what I want to see, and believe what I want to believe. And it works.

I lie to myself so much that after awhile, the lies start to seem like the truth.

I deny so much that I can’t recognize the truth-right in front of my face.

Sooner or later, I have to put aside my denial and face the world – head on, guns blazing. When they say, “Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt”, they’re right – it’s a freaking ocean!

So, how do I keep from drowning in it?

1 comment:

Amy said...

If you ever find out ... let me know :) Thanks Stac. Love reading your writing.